- 12 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 sweet pepper, any color
- 1 red onion
- some mushroom
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 tbs fresh finely chopped herbs (like, thyme, oregano, parsley, mint or any combination that you like or what is available)
- crushed garlic
- lime juice or lemon juice
- black pepper
- skewers (wooden or metal)
- Cut up the pepper and the red onion to match the size of the halloumi cheese cubes.
- Combine the herbs, garlic, oil, pepper and add like juice to taste.
- Add the halloumi cheese, pepper, onion and mushrooms to the marinade, mix all together, cover and place in the fridge for 24 hours, give them a stir now and then.
- Next day, thread the halloumi cheese mix into skewers, barbecue or grill them until the cheese is tinged brown on the edges, using the left over marinade for basting.