What should be done in Ramadan
Prepare yourselves and your environment for worship by doing the following:
- Hasten to repent and turn back to Allah.
- Rejoice at the onest of this month.
- Fast properly.
- Have the correct frame of mind and fear Allah when praying Taraweeh.
- Do not become tired during the middle ten days of the month.
- Seek Laylat al-Qadr.
- Read the entire Qur’an repetitively, try to weep, and try to understand what you are reading.
- Charity given during this virtuous time is multiplied.
- I’tikaaf (retreat in the mosque for worship) is a confirmed Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)
- There is nothing wrong with congratulating one another at the beginning of the month. The prophet (pbuh) used his companions the good news of the onset of Ramadan and urge them to make the most if it. Abu Hurayrah said:
“The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, There has come to you Ramadan, a blessed month. Allah has made it obligatory on you to fast (this month). During it, the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are locked, and the devils are chained up. In it there is a night that is better than a thousand months, and whoever deprived of its goodness has indeed been deprived. [al-Nasaa’i]
You may also like...